You have a vision for the design of the kitchen or bar. It’s going to be functional of course; efficient and good to work in. Everything in its place, all the equipment the right size and capacity to deliver the service exactly how you have planned.
Why is it then that all too often the kitchen, the engine room of the facility can be left to inexperienced or unqualified or even suppliers to deliver the vision?
It should come as no surprise that you do not achieve the vision if you don’t take the same care with the back of house that you lavish on the front of house that the customer sees; where there has been experienced professionals advising on everything from space planning, furniture and lighting to finishes and colour.
Ask yourself the following questions about the project that you are embarking on:
Is your vision or project so unimportant that you would risk not getting the best advice available?
Are you really saving money by accepting free advice or design services: the old adage the “you get what you pay for” is as true today as when you first heard it.
Are you valuing the service by the cost or the quality?
Professional Service is available, and it doesn’t have to cost a lot when compared with the cost to you of getting it wrong.
Tim Smallwood has been advising clients in Australia, Asia and the Middle East on the design and equipping of kitchens, bars and laundries for the past 35 years. Projects have ranged from Corporate and Government to single operators and franchises. Over that time experienced and independent advice on the design of their foodservices include:
- Large hospitals in Bahrain, Singapore, Hong Kong and Melbourne; small hospitals in country Australia.
- Café’s in Dubai and Abu Dhabi; restaurants in Melbourne.
- Hotels in Oman and Perth; Newcastle and Geelong.
- Canteens in Canberra and cafeterias in Shanghai.
- Military bases, ships and trains.
- Stadiums, convention centres, sports venues and entertainment venues in Australia and Asia.
- Foodservice Planning and Design Advisory Services
- Operations & Design Brief Development
- Sustainable Kitchens
Foodservice Planning and Design Advisory Services
- Operating systems planning.
- Workflow planning